As I was walking around taking pictures on my last visit to Colindale, I spotted this strange advertisement stuck on the glass door leading to the car park (if you're familiar with OC, it was right near the durian shop).
I had to double-take to make sure it was real. This is a personal ad from white male seeking a Chinese female.
Cheaply printed and crudely stuck onto a window, it is a desperate and yet, in a way, quite disrespectful lonelyhearts ad. The man who did this is employing methods more commonly used to locate lost cats or sell used cars to find what is meant to be the love of his life - a Chinese woman.
The full text of the 'ad' reads:
CAUCASIAN MAN SEEKS ORIENTAL LADY
For serious long term relationship
- Age 59, considered handsome & looks 10 years younger.
- Blond hair, blue eyes, medium build, 1.75m tall.
- Reasonably fit & in good health, a non-smoker & occasional drinker
- Star sign Taurus DOB 1948
- Professional and resides in Hendon Central, with own house and car.
- Divorced after 27 years, has 2 adult daughters who have their own homes.
- Not looking to father a new baby.
- Seeking sole mate (sic), friend, lover & equal partner.
- Share fun and laughter plus life's ups and downs.
- Age 35-45, long hair would be nice, non-smoker, speaks English.
- Good home-maker, honest, attractive, sensual and likes to dress well.
- She may have children, no problem, depends on circumstances.
- Gold-diggers definitely not welcomed so no time-wasters.
If interested, please call 0779....
So many questions...
What kind of personal skills does a person have, who thinks that this is an appropriate way to find a wife? A 'sensual' one, at that!
Are the standards of Chinese women so low that someone would seriously consider such a request for marriage? Imagine if he actually got together with someone; Imagine telling the 'how we met' story to friends and family!
What do you think?
Related: Wanted: Chinese Women